Bright monograms and animal figures
A multi-colored monogram decorated with bright napkin balls will be a great decoration for a child’s room. Furniture of this orientation can also be used in the living room with the first letter of the family surname printed on it. Using the rolling technique, you can make various animal figures on a plane from thin paper.
To make a simple craft, you will need a sheet of cardboard, multi-colored napkins, and vinyl glue. First of all, let’s make a sketch. If it’s a monogram, draw curly letters and make cuts. Prepare lumps of paper. It’s better to make them as small as possible. Then the craft will look more magnificent. We fasten the pieces of napkins randomly or according to a planned plan. Add a cord to the back of the monogram and hang the colorful piece in a visible place.
We transfer the animal figurine using a stencil onto cardboard. Now let’s label the drawing and identify each colored ball. Open the napkins, cut them into squares and roll them into balls. We distribute them in the picture according to the diagram and glue them together. Pre-glued ears, eyes and nose will look beautiful.
Creating flowers and floral arrangements
Magnificent bright bouquets and individual flowers from napkins will decorate any event and make an excellent gift. The only drawback of paper decor, the lack of natural aroma, can be easily corrected by dropping essential oil on it. A paper flower created using the simplest technique will retain its attractiveness for a long time.
You need to create it right away. The choice of pattern and plant itself will depend on the number of napkins available and their color. It’s very simple to create a unique home decor; you just need to move towards your goal step by step, using the following master classes as a guide.
There are several ways to make a paper flower queen. The easiest way is to roll it from a napkin without using scissors or glue. We lay out the material and place it on the table. We take the border with the index and middle fingers and twist it into a tube. Visually measure 2/3 and crush the napkin, forming a bud. Fold the top randomly, simulating opening petals. We make a stem from the bottom of the tube: twist the napkin in a spiral.
A beautiful rose can be made from dense three-layer white. This elegant white item will decorate a glass on any table. We straighten out a large napkin. We bend the corner 1-2 cm and fold it, pressing it to the end. We twist the resulting strip. Holding from the bottom, arrange the top petals and place them in a glass or glass.
A lush peony can be made from a multi-layer napkin of any color. You can make the product more realistic by tearing off a folded strip of paper along the folds. To quickly create several elements for a lush craft, the following step-by-step master class is presented:
- Fluff the folds on both sides of the center;
- We lay out the napkin in one motion, we get a two-layer rectangle;
- We fold the workpiece like an accordion, tie it with a torn sheet of paper or thread in the middle;
- Roll up a thread stem or prepare several multi-colored blanks for other crafts.
We will make the original carnations on the stem with a thin bright napkin. The blanks will be square elements the size of the intended flower. Fold them in half and diagonally. Carefully trim the edge of the triangle. The small hole will be the center of the flower. On the opposite side of the workpiece we make an arched cut and form an edge with a fence.
Using the same scheme, you need to make at least 5 blanks. The more elements there are, the more magnificent the carnation will be. Now let’s move on to forming the flower head. As a base, you can use stiff wire, a long fireplace match, or a pencil. We pull each figured piece and glue it in the middle part. We straighten each petal. The stem can be wrapped with green tape, colored corrugated paper, or foil.
Topiary made from any decorative material looks elegant and original. But making a beautiful tree from napkins is much easier. It can be a craft in the shape of a circle, star or heart. The building blocks may also differ. The most commonly used are paper roses, dandelions, peonies, and asters. It’s enough to start preparing materials, and original ideas will come to your mind.
Ready-made topiary made from napkins will be an excellent gift for any celebration or just a memorable accessory. To make this amazing craft you will need the following materials:
- Threads, stapler;
- Newspapers, napkins;
- Several tree branches;
- A mixture of cement and sand.
- Scotch tape, glue;
- Flowerpot, flowerpot;
We prepare a beautiful flowerpot and fill it with sand and concrete. Add some water and make a solution. We place the densest branch in the center and decorate the base of the improvised trunk with small pebbles or glass. If desired, the composition can be modified and wrapped around a wooden rod with flexible rods. We fix small elements with transparent tape.
As the solution dries in the pot, we begin to form the center of the topiary. To do this, we crush several newspapers, wrap the resulting ball with a solid print, and secure it with threads. Let’s move on to making flowers. Fold the napkin in half twice and fasten it with a stapler. Align the edges of each layer. Using this principle, we make the required number of colors. All that remains is to glue them onto a newspaper ball and decorate with beads.
Unusual vase with three-dimensional ornament
How to make a craft from napkins? For example, you were given flowers, but there was no vase at hand, don’t despair, it’s as easy as peeling pears.
Here you can’t do without glue, a can opener, scissors, paper napkins (to match the color of the wallpaper), several cans of peas, napkins, and a simple pencil.
Let’s start the master class:
- Preparing jars. We leave the jar with the bottom and cut it out for everyone.
- We build a structure from cans of the required height. The basis for the design is a jar with a bottom.
- We wrap the frame with paper towels, first gluing it layer by layer. Three levels will be enough, but more is possible.
- Draw the ornament with a pencil after the frame is dry. We recommend drawing large geometric shapes, as you will have to glue them together with napkin balls. Cut out square pieces of paper, form balls and glue a picture on top. The ornament options are varied: butterflies, flowers, fruits, letters and so on
Interior decorations made from paper napkins
Nowadays it is impossible to imagine any event without decorations made from napkins. This inexpensive material has proven itself to be an excellent decor for rooms, and products made from such paper do not look cheap at all.
Anyone can create a festive mood with the help of such a beautiful craft from napkins; no special preparation is required. One of our master classes will be enough for you.
For work, take:
- paper clips;
- regular office glue;
Let’s start by choosing the color of the napkins themselves. To make the decoration elegant, we recommend giving preference to different shades that combine well with each other. The opened napkin should be folded like an accordion, the width of the fold should be 2-3 cm.
To make the contours clear, vigorously stretch the workpiece into folds and then fold it in half towards the center line.
Since you will need three of the same accordions for the finished decoration, we prepare two more napkins according to the diagram above. The edges of the accordions must be carefully rounded; it is important not to move the layer when cutting, otherwise the cut will not be even.
You can cut out napkins in different styles to make your decorations varied and original. But all decorations can be decorated in the same style.
Take both edges of the workpiece and connect the upper and lower parts. You should get a semicircle, which we fasten with a stapler. We do the same with the rest of the accordions. Now we connect all the blanks and fix them with glue.
The finished product should look like a wavy round flower. This decoration can be hung on a string or attached to the wall using double-sided tape.
Step-by-step master class on creating a ballerina:
- Tear regular white napkins into strips. Moisten the edges of the long blanks with glue and wrap them around the frame of the wire figure.
- Take a wire of medium thickness and form the contours of the doll from it: torso, head and upper and lower limbs.
- Let the craft dry. For a dress, you need to take a 3-layer colored or snow-white napkin and divide it into layers.
- Such pieces of underwear need to be made in 3-4 pieces so that the figure has volume. In the last bag you need to make 3 holes (for the hands and head). Then you need to turn it into a dress and carefully put it on the ballerina.
- The edge of the part must be rounded with scissors.
- Flatten the napkin, then fold it and roll it again to create a textured skirt.
- Pointe shoes and tiaras can be made from white napkins. It is recommended to decorate the crown with small beads.
- Wrap white thread around the doll’s waist.
- Fold 1 layer of cellulose material as you would to form a Christmas snowflake to create a triangular space with sharp edges.
Children’s crafts made from paper napkins can have different configurations. For example, in the form of a voluminous heart.
To register it you will need to complete the following steps:
- Take the original material and fold it 4 times, it should form a square.
- Make inflorescences from napkins in red and white shades.
- The more layers they have, the softer the product will be.
- In turn, pushing each layer of paper upward will release a fluffy flower.
- Secure the part in the center with a paper clip.
- Draw a circle on the resulting figure and cut it out.
- Make a white heart out of construction paper, then cut it out.
- It is best to start the process from the edges and finish in the middle.
- The number of flower blanks depends on the size of the cut out heart.
- Lubricate the cardboard base with glue and gradually attach the fluffy parts.
- When the entire base is filled with flowers, you should attach the ribbon with a stapler and tie it with an elegant bow.
- If desired, you can decorate the central part in red, and place white inflorescences on the sides.
Master class on making a carnival doll:
- Place a ball made from a napkin handkerchief inside the unfolded canvas.
- Take 4 squares of different colored pulp.
- Unfold the napkin and fold the opposite corners of the piece toward the center.
- Turn the piece over and place a cut out white cellulose circle in the center.
- Insert the roller into the prepared base and secure underneath with thread.
- Roll up the second napkin with a weak roller to create puffy sleeves.
- Pull the ends of the folded figure with a thread like candy, reach out with your hands.
- For a full skirt, you can add another colored napkin at the bottom.
- Tie a napkin and secure the ends with glue.
- Cut out a triangular shape from the raw material – this is a scarf.
- Shape the doll’s head into a ball and tie it with thread.
- Fold the resulting rectangle along the central edge, a long dense strip should come out.
- Lay out a paper towel of any color, then fold it so that the two edges meet in the center.
- Rotate the piece 900 and fold the remaining 2 free sides again so that they meet along the center line.
- Completely expand the paper network.
- Secure the created piece with a thread in the middle.
- Fold the flesh along the visible fold lines like an accordion.
- Flatten the boat again and fold it like an accordion in the opposite direction only.
- Connect the ends of the accordion on 2 sides to make a fluffy origami star.
- Fold all corners of the product (4 from each edge) at a 450 angle inward.
Children’s crafts made from paper napkins are simple and original. A beautiful bouquet of roses can be made from openwork cellulose.
- To draw a red inflorescence, you need to cut a round napkin from the edge to the center point, and then roll up the part with a bag. The resulting gem must be carefully straightened.
- Cut out the central part from a white napkin and roll the openwork piece into the shape of a rose, securing the edge with glue.
- You need to attach 1 branch to each part of the flower.
- Flowers decorated with a thin ribbon should be attached to wooden skewers.
- Cut out leaves from green corrugated paper and attach them to a twig consisting of 3 parts.
- Having prepared the desired number of roses, you should make a bouquet, wrap it in transparent packaging material and tie it with a ribbon.
- Wrap the stems in green paper and secure with glue.
Step-by-step method for making a New Year’s angel:
- Roll a snow-white napkin into a cone, attach with glue and leave to dry.
- Slightly flatten the tip of the pyramid and sew a bead to it. On the other side, attach a halo of white circle.
- From the second white openwork fabric you need to cut out wings in the form of triangles. Glue them just below the top of the cone on the butt joint side.
Schemes with master classes
Easy diagrams and video master classes of crafts, to assemble models that a beginning origamist or even a child can make.
The skill of making origami from napkins will be useful to a child even in adulthood – it’s always nice to surprise friends in the company with your creative abilities or create an elegant decoration for a holiday table from practically nothing.
Crafts from simple white or plain napkins
The simplest napkins found in the kitchen of any home can become the basis for creating beautiful three-dimensional figurines for the table, home decoration or just for the breeze.
Large pink made from several napkins
The table composition looks impressive and can be assembled in a couple of minutes.
To make a large rose, you will need a glass or cup about 10 cm high.
- Place the napkins, one at a time, into the cup at an angle downwards, overlapping them, trying to place them at the same distance.
- Carefully turn the structure upside down.
- Remove the cup and spread out the flower petals.
Bunny for table decoration for Easter or children’s birthday. It’s not difficult to make a craft, just carefully follow the assembly diagram. The finished face can be painted with felt-tip pens or decorated with candies.
Beautiful voluminous applique – carnations
- markers or markers: green, red, blue;
- invisible hair;
- strong thread;
- sheet of cardboard, scissors.
- vinyl adhesive;
- white and green paper napkins;
First you need to make carnation buds: fold a white napkin like an accordion, secure the center invisible. Cut the edges of the napkin into a semicircle and paint them with a thin line. We remove the invisible one and tie it in the center with thread. Crumple each layer of napkin from the center to the edges.
This is how the carnation buds will form. Make the required amount. Cut green napkins into strips and form flagella. First glue the paper tubes to the cardboard, then the flower buds. In this simple way you can create a voluminous applique from paper napkins.
Applications from twisted tubes of napkins
To work in this technique, you need to make blanks in the form of flagella. Take a sheet of paper napkin, cut it into strips of about 2 cm and tightly roll it into a flagellum. Applications are subsequently created from such pipes. The topic can be very diverse.
The next way to use napkins as a craft material is to use a twisted flagellum. With their help, older preschoolers will be able to start creating a beautiful application, given that this method will be a little more complicated than the previous one.
For a child to go to work, he will need three napkins in different colors: green, dark red or cherry and any non-monochrome color.
- First, take a green napkin and cut it into equal squares, each of which is then cut into three rectangles.
- Next, you need to take the resulting figure and twist it so that you get a thin rope, to do this, hold a piece of the product on one side, and on the other, at this time the sheet is twisted in the opposite direction. The action is repeated with each piece of a rectangular napkin.
- Once all the green rectangles are twisted, you can take other colors, and the whole technology is repeated again.
- Having prepared all the parts, you need to start laying out using the prepared multi-colored slings.
- First, take multi-colored flagella and lay out the border of the future craft – leaves, berries.
- Then the leaves are filled with greenery and the cherry with red.
- All parts need to be fixed on a piece of paper with glue at one time. After all the parts are glued, a colored marker is made and the edge of the image is outlined.
- Next, the volumetric part of the design is carefully cut out and glued with glue to a previously prepared sheet of velvet-colored paper, carefully pressed with a suitable object and removed until the product is completely dry.
The applique is then used to decorate the room.
Application “Tree” using quilling technique
The next exciting and unique technique is quilling, which children of the middle preschool group can master. In the process of creative work using this technology, you will need the following materials:
- Vinyl adhesive;
- Napkins of one or more colors, preferably consisting of three layers;
- Glue brushes;
- Paper of different colors;
- The procedure for making an applique for children aged four to five years should begin with preparing the wallpaper, which is done using colored paper (gluing sheets together).
- An unevenly colored napkin must be cut into equal strips four centimeters wide, which must then be folded, and this must be done more than once.
- When all the parts are ready, take toothpicks and wrap them with folded pieces of napkin. Then they are released and thus a spiral is obtained – the future leaves of the autumn tree.
- As soon as the blanks for the crown are ready, you can begin making branches and the tree trunk itself. To do this, you need to take a brown napkin and cut it into strips, then glue it from the inside, creating something like a flagellum.
- Then, using the resulting bundles, a tree trunk is assembled, to which branches with autumn leaves are glued.
There are many other interesting and similar applications for napkins that can be found by consulting the relevant sources.
After studying them, you can choose what you like best, take the necessary material and start creating.
Options for using fluffy flowers
The photo of the napkins shows some options in which these flowers can be used:
- panels and applications;
- voluminous souvenir baskets;
- garlands on the head for themed parties and matinees.
Often these flowers are associated with carnations, so they are used in creative projects for the May holiday. But not only.
Peony with your own hands
To get a lush flower, you should use multi-layer napkins. The work consists of the following stages:
- Starting from the center of the folds, carefully peel off the peel.
- The napkin needs to be rolled out so that you get a rectangle in two layers.
- The accordion-folded piece must be tied together, no matter what is between them.
- The leg must be twisted from thread.
Most people who like to do something with their own hands could not think that making flowers is so easy.
Workshops like these may make napkin crafts seem like kindergarten, but don’t be too sure, some skills are still needed.
Applications for the little ones
Even the smallest children can handle creating paintings using the appliqué technique. If you devote some free time to these napkins, kindergarten with its endless competitions and exhibitions will no longer surprise the family.
The main principle is to tear off pieces of the napkin, twist them into balls and glue them according to a pre-prepared template or loosely.
Applications will decorate rooms and refresh the interior
Small parts of napkins are glued to the prepared surface and create an applique. As a basis, you can take an ordinary sheet of cardboard or a board of a suitable size; if all this is not available, then thick wallpaper will do.
Crafts with a thoughtful texture, containing many small details, will fit well into the interior of any room.
Ideas for crafts from napkins
Children’s crafts made from napkins can be completely different. Depending on the age of the child, you can choose the idea of the product and the principle of its implementation:
- The simplest option is an application.
- The origami technique is suitable for older children, as you need to be able to read a diagram and follow directions.
- Volumetric products made from napkins can have varying degrees of complexity, so you need to rely on the technical specifications.
In addition to the difficulties of creating three-dimensional figures from napkins, it is worth considering the peculiarities of the work. For young children, work options where napkins need to be rolled into balls and the resulting figures are used to form a product are suitable. If napkins need to be folded, glued or hemmed, the product will be suitable for older children.