From what is at hand
Old magazines or newspapers are used to make these items. This way you can make large flowers out of paper – the technique is simple, and paper crafts turn out to be quite impressive.
What you will need:
- unnecessary magazines (absolutely any);
- green adhesive tape;
- sharp scissors;
- large barbecue skewers;
- paper glue or regular hot glue.
How to make voluminous paper flowers easily and quickly? I’ll tell you step by step.
- Disassemble the magazines into pages and choose the brightest and most colorful ones – these are the ones we will use to make decorative paper crafts.
- Each page must be folded four times along its length, cut with fringe from the fold side, not cutting about one centimeter to the edge.
- We begin directly making the buds – you need to take the resulting fringed ribbon and wrap it around the top of the skewer, securing it with glue or adhesive tape. This is how buds of voluminous flowers like asters and chrysanthemums are made.
- Then you need to make several turns around the skewer with a fringed ribbon so that the bud turns out lush and beautiful. When there are enough turns, you can glue the free edge of the fringe so that the bud holds on.
- Wrap a skewer with duct tape, cut out plant petals from magazines, shape them and glue them. Your beautiful and fluffy flowers are ready.
By the way, these recommendations can also be used for beginners – they are quite easy to do. If you want to make such flowers with children, then make sure that they have safety scissors, or cut the fringe yourself.
: “paper architecture technique.” development of artistic three-dimensional thinking and creative imagination of children
“Technique of paper architecture.” Development of artistic three-dimensional thinking and creative imagination of children
Develop artistic three-dimensional thinking and creative imagination
in the process of productive activity ( artistic processing of paper
– Teach your child to set his own goals
goal and find ways to achieve it;
– Contribute to the development of cognitive and creative
abilities with the aim of encouraging independent
– Develop an eye
, labor skills, abilities.
– Contribute to the development of creativity and initiative
– Contribute to the development of artistic taste
– Promote the education of hard work and desire
bring the job started to completion.
– Promote the education of patriotic children in
– a child-friendly and universal material, used not only for drawing, but also in artistic design
. Especially attracts children
the opportunity to create crafts yourself, which will then be used in games, as gifts for the holiday.
one of the simplest and most accessible ways to work with paper
. It gives the child the opportunity to discover the magical world of paper
, scissors, a little imagination – and then unusual images appear
: figures of people and animals, gardens bloom, cities grow.
What are the benefits of papermaking classes
• Develops hard work and the desire to finish what you start
• Constructive and creative abilities develop
• The ability to plan is developed
, create a design based on the model
• Children become familiar with ways to transform geometric shapes
fine motor skills
• Aesthetic taste is formed
We know seven basic techniques for working with paper
You can do it in a straight line or along a curve. When folding paper
in different directions, folds and folds of various shapes and sizes are formed, the so-called stiffening ribs – they give the resulting volume
form elasticity and strength. The direction of the folds can be inward or outward, alternating, parallel. From choosing the technique of folding paper
The type of surface being converted depends. Thus, by rectilinear bending of a flat sheet, a surface with flat edges is created (accordion)
. Curvilinear bending technique allows you to obtain a curved surface of arbitrary shape
A curved surface is formed by bending a sheet into a cylindrical or conical shape without creating folds. The bending of the sheet gives it a margin of strength and the ability to withstand a certain load.
Strip of paper
twists into a tight spiral. It will be convenient to start winding by twisting the edge of the strip onto the tip of a sharp object (pencil or knitting needle)
. The result should be a tight spiral. It will be the basis for the further diversity of all forms. These figures can be very different depending on the author’s ideas.
Sheet of paper
wrinkles in different directions, which creates a beautiful surface texture. Such paper
are used in models that require characteristic processing, a feature of the finishing of some parts.
This is a manual disturbance of the leaf structure in a certain place, resulting in the formation of a loose edge.
This is the destruction of the structure of a sheet using scissors or a knife. As a result, smooth edges are formed.
Making holes using an awl, needle, punch or other tools.
To perform connecting operations, two types of connection paper are used
, detachable and non-detachable. Permanent connections include all types of gluing
: to the edge, overlapping, to the end.
Edge gluing and overlapping are used more often than others. The glue is applied in a thin layer, and then one sheet or part of it is placed on top of the other. When end gluing, the glue is applied either to the plane of the sheet or to the end part of the sheet being attached.
The sheets are then pressed horizontally and allowed to dry. This method is used for gluing narrow strips of paper
Detachable connections include those that allow you to assemble and disassemble it without much damage to the product
: external lock connection, internal lock connection, flat and volumetric weaving
, connection with paper clips, adhesive tape, etc.
The most interesting, but, unfortunately, rarely used in practice is the lock connection. External cuts are made on one or both sheets in certain places, but no more than to the middle, since the strength of the product depends on this. Then one sheet is inserted into the cut of the other until it stops. Another interesting connection to the lock is the internal one. In this case, a cutter makes a cut or a hole of any profile on one sheet. The second sheet is then inserted into this slot or hole and takes its shape. In my opinion, the weaving connection is also interesting.
For flat weaving, strips of paper are usually used
, which are pushed under each other in a certain order. Sometimes parallel cuts are made on one sheet, and then strips of paper are inserted into them.
. At volumetric
weaving two or more strips of paper
overlap each other.
In practice volumetric
modeling it is very convenient to use the method of joining sheets of paper
using paper clips. It allows you to easily and quickly connect multilayer structures. For example, you can secure the edges of a bent cylinder or cone, and if necessary, just as easily adjust it – make it narrower or wider. Paper clips can be used as clamps when gluing overlaps.
very plastic and has “memory”
, i.e. any operation with the sheet leaves traces on it. To give a sheet of paper the volume
and strength, stiffeners are used, which give it rigidity and elasticity. Geometric bodies can be divided into bodies of rotation – a cylinder, a cone, a ball, and polyhedra – a pyramid, a prism and a cube. All geometric bodies, with the exception of the ball, can be made from paper
All bodies of revolution are obtained by twisting a sheet of paper
. And only then it is easy to get a tetrahedral prism from a cylinder, and a pyramid from a cone by folding. The fold of the sheet concentrates all the rigidity of the structure, therefore it is the strongest stiffener.
The most interesting form transformation technique is “reverse fold”
Two cuts are made on a straight fold, and then the surface between them is pressed inward, folded neatly, and ironed. Based on such a fold, you can make many transformations of different profiles and sizes.
To teach children
to create models of buildings, it is necessary to introduce them to such important elements as different types of windows, doors and roofs. Windows are rectangular , double-hung and arched
It is necessary to remind children that the window is in the middle of the wall, and not at the corner of the house, so the plane of the wall needs to be bent in half and two horizontal cuts made along the fold (the distance between the cuts is the height of the window)
. Then cut vertically along the fold between the horizontal cuts and bend the window sashes to the sides
For an arched window, again fold the wall surface in half, only the cut will not be straight, but arched and the surface will bend inward (shows the thickness of the walls)
Doors can also be divided into rectangular single-leaf
, double-leaf and arched
. For single leaf
door, make a vertical cut from the bottom of the wall, then unfolding the scissors
, horizontal. We bend it to the side, the door is ready.
The surface of the door needs to be folded again, one horizontal cut must be made and cut vertically from the bottom along the fold.
To make the roof of a building, you can use different geometric shapes, for example, for a tower, a cone is suitable, which can be left unchanged, or you can cut the edges and bend them outward. The result will be a version of an ancient tower. Or you can cut the edges and insert them inside the cylinder, creating a dome version.
Well, if the tower has the shape of a prism, then it needs a roof in the shape of a pyramid.
You can also make a roof based on a cylinder using the “reverse fold” technique
or various additions in the form of a straight fold. And for the Asian tower – minaret, you can make a roof from strips of paper
One of the simplest roof options is a gable roof. But based on it, you can make many different options by again using the technique of the “reverse fold”
or various additions.
Let’s consider the sequence of work on the house model
: we will prepare the necessary materials and tools,
from a cylinder – blanks, we make the walls of a house with windows and a door, a large strip of paper
bend it in half and glue it near the fold, make tubes from small sheets, screwing them onto a pencil
Assembling the layout.
Building a model of a temple (church)
: narrow and high cylinder, low but wide cylinder and cone.
We transform a wide cylinder into a prism, cut out windows and a door, the top of the walls can be made by bending the edges inward, or you can cut it in the shape of three arcs or even use curly scissors. Then a tall cylinder is placed inside the walls, this is a drum, and on top we place a cone – a dome.
From such models you can build an entire city, modern, ancient or a city of the future. Here’s what we got
You can create layouts not only from geometric shapes, but also paper tubes – logs
. For example, log buildings, such as were in Ancient Rus’.
Paper flowers opening in water
You can spend interesting time with a small child at home. This simple but fascinating miracle craft will interest your baby. Making flowers together will bring pleasure to everyone.
You will need:
- colored (both sides) xerox paper;
- office white paper;
- colored pencils;
- glass of water;
- white shallow plate;
- circle patterns with a diameter of 6, 10 and 12 cm (for more complex color options).
Draw several flower options on a white sheet of paper, approximately 4-5 cm in diameter with not very large petals. Available in different colors and petal shapes. Now they need to be cut out. Bend the petals of each flower into the center in a circle, one on top of the other.
This action occurs because the paper absorbs water and tries to return to its original form. This means that it straightens in places where it is folded. It turns out that the flower is blooming.
More complex option
Option No. 1. The original flower can be made large in 3 layers. Take xerox paper and staple it in the middle. Using the template, draw two circles with a difference of 2 cm between them. Draw petals in the resulting donut.
The finger will serve as a template. Cut out the flower, taking three layers at a time. Now fold the petals correctly in the center. One after another, overlapping each other. And so on for all three circles. All that remains is to launch it on the water and see. The flower will open layer by layer. The baby will love it.
Option No. 2.
This flower can also be made in 2-3 layers. Only now the difference between the circles will be 4-5 cm. You will get long petals. Now each petal must be twisted inward with a pencil. You can use a thinner diameter.
Simple and interesting.
Making a flower with your child
Paper flowers are a great gift option for mom. This craft is simple to make and looks much better than real flowers. This step-by-step tutorial describes the process of making a paper flower.
For a flower arrangement you will need the following materials and tools: 1. Cardboard (yellow and green).2. Red corrugated paper (can be replaced with a napkin).3. Stationery glue, pencil, scissors.4. A small piece of plasticine.5. Bottle cap.
Step 1: The flower will consist of three flower blanks of different sizes. From yellow cardboard you need to cut out three flowers of the same shape, but different in size (from largest to smallest). For convenience, you can first draw the shape of the flower with a pencil and then cut it out. Glue the pieces together. The largest flower should be at the bottom.
Using a pencil, curl each petal down: place the pencil under the petal, press with your finger and pull down to the tip, twisting slightly. These actions will make the flower lush and voluminous.
For the middle of the flower you will need corrugated paper or a red napkin. You need to cut a strip about 3 cm thick, then cut many narrow strips up to the middle. Roll the workpiece and cut again. There is another way: just cut the paper into small pieces. Apply glue liberally to the middle of the flower and glue red pieces of paper.
You can make leaves like this: fold green cardboard in half, draw half of the future leaf at the fold and cut it out. There should be two such leaves.
To make the stem you will need green cardboard. You need to cut a strip 2-3 cm wide from it, roll it into a narrow roll and secure it with glue. Cut the upper part of the stem into four parts.
All the parts are ready, all that remains is to connect them together using plasticine. It must be applied to the top of the stem and secure the flower. The leaves are attached using the same principle. Glue the flower onto plasticine to the bottle cap. This will be a stand for the craft.
The paper flower is ready.
“Postcard for March 8th!” Safonova Svetlana Alexandrovna. Application made of colored paper. Gift card for March 8th.
We will need colored paper in red, purple, light green, yellow, and green. It is advisable to use glossy colored paper. Cut out three flowers of different shapes. Large, medium and smallest, and so on three times. Then we glue first a large flower onto the folded cardboard, then a smaller one, and so on three times.
Cut out a vase from purple paper and glue it to the card. We make three yellow circles, make the centers into our flowers and glue them. Then we cut out three stems and glue them from the flowers to the vase. Cut out the green leaves and glue them on. This is how the card turned out!
This video shows how to make paper daisies, they look very naturalistic, almost life-like:
The flowers turn out so realistic that they are difficult to distinguish from real plants.
Paper is most often used to make children’s appliques. We suggest adding some chenille wire to it and making beautiful flowers that look like elegant calla lilies. And when creating the flowers themselves, you can introduce the child to the basics of origami techniques. The entire process of making such an application is given in this master class.
To create such a craft we have prepared:
- white cardboard;
- red, orange, pink and green paper;
- chenille wire;
The flowers for this applique will be made from colored paper using the origami technique. Therefore, initially we prepare a square blank. In our case there will be a square with a side of 8 cm.
Tulips – master class (3 options)
Step-by-step photos of the process and diagrams:
Video on how to make snowdrops out of paper using the origami technique:
Video on how to make spring lilies of the valley. Valeria uses a large sheet of paper to make it clearer, but for miniature flowers you need to take 5 x 5 cm squares and repeat after the author:
Lily – step-by-step master class
Iris – step-by-step master class
An original craft using the origami technique – a magic paper rose cube:
Sunflowers are made from corrugated paper in the same way.
The only difference is the middle. We made it from dome-shaped sweets.
And for decoration they used not flock powder, but a silver mesh.
This is how you make bright sunflower flowers quickly and easily.
The flowers turn out very realistic and beautiful.
See step-by-step master classes here – flowers made of corrugated paper.
All these paper flowers are beautiful, well, so beautiful that you could keep them in your home and even display them prominently in a vase of some sort with other, more organic elements. As always, just follow the step-by-step instructions in our instructions and you’ll have beautiful paper flowers in no time.
Simple snowflake using false quilling technique
Our master class on creating an openwork snowflake using the false quilling technique will help you make a decoration from strips of paper with minimal time and materials.
For the creative process, you need to prepare the following materials:
- sheet of white (or double-sided blue, silver) A4 paper;
- simple pencil;
How to make an openwork snowflake using the unusual “false quilling” technique
The snowflake will consist of three types of elements, to create which you will need strips 1 cm wide. Each type of element must consist of six parts, so we need to draw a sheet of 18 stripes. The first 6 stripes should take up the length of the entire sheet.
“Our task is somewhat simplified, since we will not be working with dense curls, but with their semblance.
Do this with the remaining five short strips, making sure they are the same size.
Thanks to the three-dimensional elements, folding such a snowflake is easier than when creating a quilling figure. Even small children can cope with such creative work if they are shown everything and helped, if necessary. Older children will figure out the intricacies of the work on their own. You can also come up with other elements and make several snowflakes to decorate a festive tree or interior. The main thing is desire, and everything will work out for you!
Simple DIY paper flower
Using plain white paper, using a very simple technique, you can make beautiful, elegant flowers that will definitely find use in your creativity. First of all, this is the creation of voluminous cards using the scrapbooking technique, which is often practiced by needlewomen, and these flowers can also be collected in a bouquet or simply added to a flower arrangement. A small, lush accent will definitely attract attention to a wall newspaper or ad, a beautiful box or package.
What needs to be prepared to create such a flower:
• white office paper; • water and a brush; • gouache or watercolor paints; • scissors; • glue; • decorative stamens; • a piece of thin wire.
How to make a lush flower with your own hands step by step
1. The list of materials used deliberately does not indicate the colors of paint and decorative stamens that can be used to create a flower, because they can be chosen according to your wishes. The base of the flower is ordinary white office paper, and then you can paint the product with any colors, according to your taste or need. First you need to take scissors and a sheet of white paper.
2. Cut out the first flower with oblong petals, 6 pieces, from paper. But the shape of the flower may be slightly different, but it is desirable that the petals be oblong.
3. Using the first flower as a template, cut out 6 equal layers of white paper. The more layers you use to create a list, the more magnificent the product you will get. You don’t have to worry about evenness and accuracy.
4. Using a brush and plain water, wet the petals. Dip the tip of the brush into water and brush over the petals as if painting them.
5. While the paper is still wet, squeeze each petal, conveniently using the same brush or pen, applying it to a rounded surface. This way, you will not only bend each petal into a kind of accordion, but also make them turn outward.
6. Do the same procedure with all the other petals, leave all layers to dry.
7. While the layers of the flower are drying, prepare a bunch of stamens. Since a white and yellow flower is shown here, the stamens were chosen accordingly. Take 6 or 7 double-sided stamens of white and yellow color, use a wire to find the middle and bend in half to get a bunch. Twist the end of the wire until it becomes sharp. In the future, the wire will help secure the stamens in the center.
8. Begin to fasten the dried layers of the white flower. Glue the second layer onto the first layer, moving it.
9. Then glue all other layers in the same way. Here is a preparation for a lush flower.
10. Make a small hole in the center of the flower with scissors and stretch the tip of the wire, fixing the stamens. Cut the bottom of the bush and coat it with glue.
11. Choose a paint color and lightly paint over the top of the flower, leaving white gaps to make it even more elegant.
12. A beautiful handmade paper flower is a great addition to gift wrapping.
Lush voluminous snowflake
Having 3 squares of paper, we can make the New Year’s snowflake shown in this master class by Marina.
- 3 squares of blue paper;
- PVA glue;
- decorative rhinestone.
In place of these squares we make folds on both sides.
A gentle and light ballerina with a snowflake tutu will decorate a Christmas tree, walls or window. The paper square is folded diagonally several times, and a stencil of the future snowflake is drawn on the triangle. Then they cut it out, leaving a slit in the middle for the ballerina.
Then cut out the silhouette of the ballerina, inventing it yourself or printing a ready-made template on a printer.
Put a tutu on the ballerina, glue a cord to hang the decoration. Snowflake ballerina is ready.
Snowman made from strips of paper
Plain white paper can be an excellent material for making New Year’s snowflakes. For example, you can cut out many thin strips from it, which will become the basis for the snowflake shown in this master class.
- white paper;
- ruler with a simple pencil;
- decorative rhinestone.
We will make a snowflake from thin strips of paper of various lengths. Therefore, first we cut them, the thickness of all strips is the same and is 0.5 cm. But the length will differ. We will need 6 strips 20 cm long, 12 – 16 cm, 12 – 12 cm and 10 strips 10 cm long.
Finally, we fix the remaining 10 cm long strips. This is how we made the first ray.
“Frosty snowflake.” Smolyannikov Alexey. The snowflake is made of paper, glued with glue and decorated with beads.
Volumetric paper snowflake templates
Volumetric snowflakes are easy to make with your own hands. This is a fun challenge for adults and a great activity for kids. A step-by-step diagram will help you repeat the craft yourself.
It is worth decorating the finished product with paints and felt-tip pens. You can sprinkle it with glitter (apply a small amount of glue to individual fragments with a brush, then sprinkle it with glitter and dry), glue decorative rhinestones, sew on sequins.
- Divide a white sheet of paper in half.
- Connect the corner of the rectangle with the opposite side so that, by cutting off the bottom of the rectangle, we end up with a square bent diagonally.
- Using a ruler and pencil, mark the triangle, which we will then go through with scissors. Let’s step back half a centimeter from the edge and draw a triangle inside the figure. Then we step back the same amount from the line and draw a triangle again. Let’s continue drawing shapes, moving towards the center of the triangle. Using scissors, make cuts along the lines, starting from the center and not cutting through the paper to the end.
- Let’s expand the triangle, laying it out in the shape of a square. In the center of the figure is a small square. We take one strip from both sides of the square, wrap it inward, overlap it and fasten it with a stapler.
- We fasten the next two strips by turning them away from ourselves. We fasten the strips in this way, alternating the direction of their folding towards ourselves and away from ourselves. It should look like this.
- Let’s make 5 such petals.
- Now let’s connect them. Take 2 petals by their sharp ends and fasten them with a stapler.
- Attach the remaining petals in the same way.
This is the kind of aerial star we got!
You can decorate curtains, a chandelier with it, hanging it on a ribbon, or a Christmas tree, hanging it on the branches or securing it to the top. In addition, you can make a round dance of three-dimensional snowflakes by making many of these stars, connecting them with a thick thread or ribbon and hanging them from the ceiling.