What is it
For those readers who are unfamiliar with edged weapons, it is probably worth explaining what we are talking about.
Karambit is a combat knife. Its shape may vary depending on the manufacturer and the anthropometry of the wearer.
All versions, however, have two features:
- The knife has a sickle-shaped blade;
Please note: the blade is usually sharpened on the inside; You can rarely find double-sided sharpening.
- The handle is equipped with a hole for the thumb. It makes it impossible to lose the weapon in battle: even if the blade gets caught during a glancing blow, the handle will never slip out of the hand.
The evolution of weapons in different countries and even on different continents very often led to the fact that civilizations that had never contacted each other came to the same technical solutions. This observation fully applies to karambit: it was used in different cultures and, accordingly, has several names in different languages.
Here are some examples:
- Tiger Claw;
- Eagle Claw;
- Cock spur (chicken spur);
- Kuku manan.
Let’s clarify: the classic karambit has a blade length of 5-10 centimeters. The last two types of weapons are enlarged versions with blades of 20-30 cm.
Several options for blade and handle shapes.
Question of color design
There is complete freedom of action here, done to your own taste. But it is worth noting green and black knives as the most popular and stylish. You can also decorate and supplement with some external elements: inscription, inlay, drawings.
On our website you can see drawings of karambit from cs go photo
to have an idea of the sketch itself.
Any children’s game, even not very childish, requires certain attributes. You can imagine the circumstances – the tropics in the backyard, a labyrinth in the garage, a “scary” dungeon in the basement, but the small, recognizable details of a fantasy world must be present. Weapons from popular games or films – for example, a karambit knife made of wood is one of these attributes.
Dear reader, do you have a jigsaw? Yes? Great, put it aside and forget about it.
There are two ways to cut a wooden blank of complex shape from plywood 4 – 12 mm thick:
- Hand jigsaw;
- An improvised cutter, which can be a stationary circular saw or grinder with a saw blade installed. In the latter case, the workpiece is securely fixed with a clamp.
Attention: if you are going to work with a grinder converted into a saw, do not forget about safety glasses and be extremely careful. In particular, you can put the tool on the table only after the disk has completely stopped.
The holes in the handle are selected with a ballerina or a feather drill of the appropriate diameter.
The hand jigsaw is still in demand.
Where is karambit used today
Today the blade is widespread among the countries of the Malay Archipelago as:
- self-defense weapons;
- attribute in military combats;
- household knife.
In the West and in the USA, karambit became known only at the end of the last century, at demonstrations of martial arts from Asia. After this, the karambit boom began in the world, and its development in the Western industry was expressed in:
- traditional blade – for use in martial arts;
- the use of specific elements from the blade in the modification of other types;
- combining elements from karambit with other elements of famous knives.
In the USA, karambit is one of the favorite blades. It is worn by police officers and used as a training element in hand-to-hand combat.
For self-defense, a knife is usually used in close combat, on a counterattack. The goal is to strike the enemy’s limbs in order to “incapacitate” them, but not cause significant damage to health.
According to the standards now in Russia, the blade is not a bladed weapon, since its blade is less than 9 cm. Karambit take with you:
- for fishing and hunting – for gutting game, fish, skinning animals;
- on a trip, hiking – to cut firewood, twigs, ropes, food;
- for self-defense.
For work you need to prepare:
- several sheets of paper, the color can be any desired, for contrast the handle can be made in a different color;
- scissors and PVA glue or hot melt glue.
Making a blade from paper is done step by step:
- In the drawing, the knife is divided into three parts: the blade, the handle to the ring and the ring.
- Cut out these three parts carefully with scissors.
- To make the handle, fold a sheet of A4 paper in half, then in half again (1/4), and again (1/8) to make a rectangle out of paper.
- Place the handle template on the folded paper so that the top of the template is on the top solid part of the folded paper. Trace with a pencil and cut along the contour, without touching the upper solid part of the fold.
- The resulting “book” of eight leaves is glued together. The middle doesn’t stick together. It turns out a handle with a bend.
- Glue the handle completely, except for 3 cm along the edge where it joins the blade. This part remains to strengthen the edge.
- To make the knife blade, fold the paper in the same way as in step 3 for the handle.
- The template is traced according to the same pattern as for the handle and cut out, after adding 2 cm at the wide part for easy joining with the handle.
- Glue the parts except the middle.
- To fasten, take a square sheet of paper, place a thin rod from a pen on the edge and roll the paper along the rod into a thin tube. Twist the tip of the paper and glue it with tape so that everything does not unravel.
- The rod is removed from the resulting structure, the workpiece is smoothed with your fingers and 2 pieces of 10 cm and 5 cm are cut off – these are the fastenings for the blade and handle.
- The blade is connected to the handle using fasteners and glued.
- For the third part of the ring, form the same structure as in step 10. Only from it the ring is twisted and glued to the handle.
The option of making karambit from wood is complex, it is suitable for those who have skills in working with wood. The type of wood suitable for work is linden. The size of the workpiece should be slightly larger than the future dimensions of the knife. The linden must first be dried; it should not have cracks or holes from knots. For work you will need:
- drills of different sizes;
- chisels of various shapes;
- Various knives with carbon steel blades.
When making a blade from wood, they use a sketch drawing, as well as their spatial imagination:
- The drawing is transferred to cardboard, a template of three parts is cut out: the main part of the blade and handle and two shaped attachments.
- The template is transferred to a wooden blank and cut out.
- The handle hole is cut with a feather drill or jigsaw.
- The finished parts are glued together with PVA glue and clamped in a vice for a day until dry.
- The last thing to do is sanding until completely smooth.
This unique weapon has a rich history. The earliest mentions of karambit date back to the 12th century. But it is impossible to know the true history; it is shrouded in legends.
According to one of them, in parts of Indonesia, the local people had a cult of the tiger. People considered him a formidable jungle dweller. They thought that when they died, the souls of their kings transmigrated into the tiger.
And the local population began to make combat knives, copying the appearance of a tiger claw.
According to other versions, the blade originated either from the demon Bima, whose main weapon was claws, or from the king of the monkeys, who had a magical claw in his palm.
In ancient times, it was common on the Indonesian islands to smear the blade with strong poison. As a result of a small, lacerated wound, the enemy died instantly.
Along with heavy types of karambits, there were small ones – for domestic needs and self-defense.
The blade was made like this:
- carbon steel;
- the handle was made of wood or from the horn of an animal;
- the scabbard was made of wood, decorated, but did not have pendants; the blade was intended to be worn in a belt.
Karambit became the prototype of the Bulang blades, which were tied to the legs of roosters in cockfights.
The exact time of appearance and the prototype of the first karambit knife are unknown.
Neither the exact time of appearance nor the prototype of the first karambit knife is known. In the legends and traditions of the peoples of the Malay Islands (the historical homeland of these blades), different stories of its origin have reached us. One can only guess how true they are.
According to one version, such a blade first appeared in 1280 on the island of Java as a tribute to the deceased ruler, who was personified with a tiger for his wisdom and strength. Therefore, the curved knife was made in the shape of the claw of this predator.
In another version, in the 14th century on the same island, instead of fighting between local residents and the Minangkabau tribe, it was decided to determine the winner based on the result of a buffalo fight. According to legend, the Javanese brought out a huge bull to fight, and the cunning Sumatrans put up a young bull with sickle-shaped blades attached to its horns.
As a result, he won. The stupid buffalo did not see him as an opponent, but the stupid suckling crawled under him to look for his mother’s milk and ripped open his opponent’s belly with this ingenious device. Perhaps that is why the descendants of that tribe translate the word “Minangkabau” as “defeat the buffalo.” The first image of karambit that has come down to us dates back to the same time.
In reality, everything could have been much simpler – the peasants did not have the means to buy weapons for self-defense and ordinary sickles were used. In battle, they inflicted serious damage to a half-naked opponent. On their basis, the famous claw knife appeared.
The appearance of karambits could have been influenced by traditional Malay cockfights.
Traditional Malay cockfighting could also influence the appearance of fighting blades. For greater spectacle, sharp curved blades began to be tied to the birds’ legs. The result exceeded all expectations – the fights turned into a bloody battle and rarely ended without the death of fighters. Gunsmiths noticed this and began making knives in the shape of a rooster’s spur.
Another pragmatic explanation is the relationship attributed to karambit with the Indian fighting knuckle-knife bagh nakha, which was supposedly the progenitor of such unusual blades.
All versions have the right to exist, because none of them have documentary evidence.
How to decorate a karambit knife made of paper?
- To decorate a karambit knife made of paper, it is best to use watercolors or oil paints
, because they give beautiful shades, mixing with each other, and allow you to create a gradient pattern.
- First you need to paint the karambit knife white to get rid of pencil marks.
- We paint the knife handle with several shades of gray. Paint the triangle near the blade dark gray
, and paint the finger grooves a very light gray.
How to make karambit from paper: paint the handle of a knife
- Paint the remaining part of the handle with gray, which is obtained if you mix the two previous shades. To decorate the knife blade and the ring at the end of the handle intended for the finger, you need to use several shades of blue, yellow and red.
How to decorate a karambit knife made of paper?
- Our finished karambit knife will look like this. It turns out to be very bright and similar to the karambit that you can equip your character with in KS GO.
This color of a paper karambit knife is called “shimmering marble” or “marble fade” in KS GO.
Karambit from KS GO
How to make a wooden karambit yourself? pretty simple
– a popular computer toy for boys of all ages, over 13-14 years old. Its plot is primitive, but the arsenal used by the heroes amazes the imagination with its vastness. From bladed weapons to firearms, everything is used to complete a rather controversial mission. Among the knives included in the KS-ki collection, as gamers briefly call the toy, the most notable knife is the karambit. It is shaped like a tiger’s claw – just as curved and causing the same lacerations. On the handle of the knife there is a round hole for a finger – for a better grip, and also to show off such a weapon, turning it with all sorts of somersaults. You can buy an almost real knife – a wooden karambit, by ordering it in our store
. Or you might wonder how to make karambit from wood with your own hands and find a solution.
How to make a tiger tooth out of paper karambit?
KS GO has a lot of beautiful karambit knives, copies of which you can buy or make from paper with your own hands.
Karambit knives from the game KS GO
To make a Tiger Tooth karambit out of paper, use the diagram. Draw a knife on a piece of checkered paper. If one cell is equal to 1 centimeter, then the length of the knife will be 18 cm.
How to make karambit Tiger Tooth from paper
Now you will need to cut out parts from paper or cardboard that will need to be glued to the handle of the knife and blade to achieve the effect of convexities. Cut out several blanks from paper and glue them one on top of the other. In the diagram, the parts are indicated in yellow.
DIY Karambit Tiger Tooth made from paper
Wait for the glue to dry and paint the knife with watercolors.
DIY Karambit Tiger Tooth
How to make a karambit knife from a cardboard box?
To make a karambit knife from a cardboard box, packaging for gift candies is suitable. If there is no such box, take a tea bag. If you glue such cardboard in several layers, the knife will be quite strong. But the shoe packaging may be too soft. Corrugated cardboard may be suitable for gluing raised parts.
Scheme of kurambit made of cardboard
: Karambit is a real dangerous weapon that was used in Japan many centuries ago. There is a version that the prototype of this knife was a tiger claw. However, in our country karambit
is not considered a bladed weapon, and you can buy it without special permission.
How to make a karambit knife from paper
The operation scheme is extremely simple. The complexity can only come from the drawing, or rather, the chosen model.
The game still requires a rather beautiful model of the product, and its drawing, naturally, will be more complicated.
- Essentially two schemes are common on the Internet. According to the first, it is necessary to cut out all the parts separately, and then assemble them according to the drawing one by one. This kind of DIY work takes a lot of time. But, it’s true, the blade is textured and looks impressive.
- The second type of scheme involves assembling a base – a blade plus a handle, and gluing the most prominent parts onto it. Moreover, the part itself plays the role of a template. The assembly scheme in this case is much simpler, since it includes fewer elements. The photo shows a development of karambit.
Plastic, cardboard, and paper can be used as a material, but paper is the most affordable, and although this method takes more time to complete, it is simple and understandable.
How to make a karambit knife weapon from A4 paper: step-by-step instructions
Our next paper weapon model looks really cool. These are Wolverine’s Claws. And they are easier to make than karambit, because you only need to glue together parts of the same size.
How to make Wolverine’s claws out of paper
In our diagram “Wolverine’s Claws from Paper” there are only two parts, these are: brass knuckles and a claw. And for work we will need not only regular paper glue, but also superglue to securely glue the claws to the brass knuckles.
Weapons KS GO Wolverine Claws made of paper, diagram
How to make a karambit knife weapon from A4 paper:
- First, cut out the templates from paper.
- We fold the album sheets together; cutting is most convenient if you fold about five sheets together.
- For each claw you need to glue at least ten sheets of paper together, and for brass knuckles at least twenty.
- Cardboard can also be used instead of paper. Then the claws need to be made from one sheet of thick cardboard, and the brass knuckles from three sheets glued together.
- In the next photo all the details have already been cut out.
- On each claw we cut out a square groove, the width of which is equal to the thickness of the brass knuckles.
Paper weapons step by step instructions
- When all the parts of the weapon are ready, glue them together. Lubricate the groove on each claw with superglue and attach it to the brass knuckles.
Paper weapons Wolverine Claws step by step instructions
- When the paper weapon is ready, paint it with black paint, and then draw stripes with a silver marker.
DIY paper weapons, step-by-step instructions
Paper karambit: gluing method
A very important point is gluing all the elements of the knife. The shape and then how the subsequent coating will lie on the base depends on this method. Therefore, let’s figure out how to properly perform the gluing step.
- After you have cut out several templates, apply PVA glue to each layer and attach to each other;
- Saturate with super glue (it is also called cyanoacrylate), that is, drop a few drops of glue on the ends and wide parts, and then spread the entire consistency over the craft with a small piece of paper. The glue should cover everything without leaving any gaps.
Glue the blade first, and then the handle. And only after that attach both components to each other.
- When the whole product is well dry from the glue, coat it with automotive primer. And only after that you can paint with aerosol paints.
It is better to choose matte paint for the handle.
Karambit bloody web made of paper: diagram, instructions
The basis for the karambit knife Bloody Web is made as described above, and such a knife can be painted with watercolors or acrylic paints.
As an option, we offer you another scheme according to which you can make a karambit knife Bloody Web from paper.
Karambit Bloody Web diagram
Karambit knife made of paper: photos of the best
Of course, store-bought karambit knives look like very beautiful toys for grown men. But a homemade karambit knife made from paper can be no less beautiful.
Homemade karambit from KS GO
Knives with the Tiger Tooth pattern, as they are called in the game, look very impressive.
Karambit bloody web with your own hands
Only by looking closely at this photo can you understand that the Bloody Web on the karambit was painted, and the knife was made with your own hands.
Coloring karambit: gradient pattern
Karambit with a gradient pattern looks very bright and unusual. Any person who is familiar with KS GO, seeing such a knife on you, will immediately remember the game.
The next photo is not a real karambit, just a pencil drawing, but the choice of shades and execution are wonderful. We think that if you paint a homemade paper karambit in the same way, it will turn out great.
Karambit, pencil drawing
The knife in the next photo is purchased, but the mosaic pattern on it is simply mesmerizing.
Karambit with original design
Karambit knife weapon: details, drawing, diagram for paper cutting
This article is about how to make a karambit knife from paper yourself. In it you will find several diagrams with step-by-step instructions and photographs of ready-made karambit knives, made and painted with your own hands.
Our first karambit pattern will help you make a knife like the one in the photo above.
Scheme of a paper karambit knife
- To make karambit from paper, it is better to use thick white sheets. They are thicker than regular office printing paper, but thinner than cardboard. I hope you understand what I’m talking about.
It is better to take not PVA or office glue, but one of those sold in construction stores. Clear liquid wallpaper adhesive or baseboard adhesive will work. They are much better in quality than office glue.
- First, we glue together the parts of the karambit core, which are indicated in the diagram in light green.
- Then we glue the side parts, marked in blue, to the core, 6 on each side.
- After this, we attach to the karambit blank the parts painted lilac in the drawing.
- At the end we glue decorative overlays.
When all the blanks are glued together, place the paper karambit on a flat surface, put a book on top, and then put something heavy on top to make a press. And then leave it to dry.
When all the paper karambit parts are glued together, it will look like this:
DIY paper karambit knife
Materials and tools
In fact, a karambit template made of wood is quite rare. Much more often plywood is used as a material. Firstly, it is highly durable, secondly, it has an affordable price, and thirdly, you can always find material of any required thickness.
So when they talk about a wooden knife, they most often mean plywood.
Tools you will need:
- a manual jigsaw or milling cutter; as a last resort, you can use a grinder with a saw blade or a circular saw. A jigsaw is absolutely not suitable for such delicate operations;
- ballerina or feather drill for making holes on the handle;
- sandpaper or a disc sander is an indispensable part of DIY production.
In addition, you will need PVA glue, impregnation – it is best to choose bakelite glue, and a coloring composition – use alkyd enamel or oil paint, as it is more stable.
DIY karambit knife
In this instruction we will look at how easy it is to make a knife like a karambit. A special feature of these knives is the curved shape of the blade. There are many versions of what these knives were intended for and where they originated. In most cases, these knives are associated with the tiger claw, and its purpose is self-defense. Such a knife lies comfortably in the hand and will instantly make the attacker change his outlook on life.
There is also a version that these knives resemble a cock’s spur, and according to another legend, such knives were used for cockfighting. There are also versions that such a knife can be used for some craft purposes, for example, cutting some plants. One way or another, let’s hope that you will use such a weapon for good.
Making such a knife is not difficult, and you can get by with fairly simple tools. The product is all-metal, so you will not need any additional materials. The author cut out the profile with a grinder.
If you need such a knife on the farm, then it makes sense to make it from high-quality steel. Steel with a high carbon content can be hardened. When cutting, carbon steel produces thick yellow sparks and is found in cutting blades, files and other tools. So, let’s take a closer look at how to make such a knife!
Materials and tools used by the author:
List of materials:
– carbon steel.
List of instruments:
– belt grinder;
– drilling machine;
– various files;
– forge furnace;
– polishing machine.
The process of making a karambit knife:
Step one. Making a template
First of all, we need to make a knife template. To do this, we make some drawings on a computer or manually. Next, print out the resulting drawing and cut it out with a utility knife. That’s all, the template is ready, trace it on the workpiece with a marker and you can start cutting. Before drawing the drawing, the author cleaned the metal on a belt grinder.
Step two. Hole
First, use a bit to drill a hole in the workpiece. This strategic hole is for fingers. To securely hold the blade, most karambit style knives have it. Drill the hole slowly and lubricate the bit well. We always securely fix the workpiece and under no circumstances hold it with our hands, since if the metal breaks out, it will cause serious injuries to our hands.
Step three. Cut out the main rough profile
Let’s start cutting out the main profile. For these purposes, the author used an ordinary grinder. To cut out the curves, we make a lot of cross cuts, and then cut them out in parts. As a result, teeth will remain, which can also be removed with a grinder by installing a sanding disc.
Step four. Sanding
We go to the belt sander and carefully grind the blade along the contour. It is important for us to remove all the notches and sharpen the blade in the shape it was originally intended to be. In most cases, the author uses 400 grit tape.
Next we have to do some manual processing. We clamp the workpiece in a vice and work with files of different shapes. We process the blade along the contour where we could not get close with the tape machine, and also grind the hole.
Step five. Cutting out windows in the handle
The author decided to cut out windows in the handle, so the knife looks more interesting. To solve this problem, take a drill and drill a series of holes of the desired shape. As a result, we then combine all the resulting holes using a file or the same drill. We thoroughly process the resulting windows with files.
Step six. Forming bevels
It’s time to form the bevels on the knife. To do this, we clamp the blade into a special bracket made of corners, since it will be difficult to hold it with your hands due to heating. The author forms the bevels by eye using a belt sander. But first it would be good to mark everything out. The grain size of the tape for such work can be around 400 units. You must complete all the basic metal work at this step, as the next step is hardening, and the metal will become strong.
Step seven. Hardening
It’s time to harden the blade, this will make it very strong. For proper hardening, it is important to know the grade of steel. We send the blade to the forge, it needs to be heated until the metal is no longer attracted by the magnet, but these are only approximate figures. Well, then cool the blade in oil.
Now the blade should be hardened, but after this the metal will become brittle, the blade may crumble simply when dropped. We need to make the blade more elastic so that it springs back under load. To do this, metal is tempered. Usually a household oven is used; we select the time and temperature depending on the grade of steel. On average, the blade is heated for about an hour at a temperature of around 200 degrees Celsius. The straw color of the metal will indicate the release. That’s all, now we have a blade of excellent quality.
Step eight. Final processing
Now, after hardening, the metal needs to be sanded again, or you can leave it as is, this patina will act as protection against rust. We grind the surfaces on a belt sander and use it to sharpen the blade. As for the holes, they can be processed using a drill. As an option, the author screwed a piece of sandpaper onto the rod and clamped it in the drill chuck; this attachment also works great.
That’s all, all you have to do to finish is polish your creation on a polishing machine. That’s all, the project is over, the homemade product turned out to be quite interesting and unique. I hope you also liked the project and found useful information for yourself. Don’t forget to share your experiences and projects with us!
Karambit knife: features
This weapon was made popular by the game Call of Duty: Black Ops, as well as various films where good and bad heroes used karambit in street fights. The unusual shape of the weapon, the spectacular use, although not entirely true to reality – all this has made the game version an indispensable attribute of many games.
Karambit is a special dagger designed for one of the Asian martial arts. It has an unusual curved blade that imitates a tiger fang. The knife is held with the blade facing itself and is also sharpened on the inside. On the handle in most versions there is a hole for the middle or index finger so that the weapon does not slip out of a wet palm. The photo shows a military weapon.
The peculiar shape makes the dagger a very interesting weapon for close combat. First of all, it is distinguished by its small size – from 3 cm, which is easy to hide in the palm of your hand, to 10 cm. Although in games there are, of course, much larger specimens – up to 30 cm in length.
Strikes are applied to the arms and legs, where they are most effective. You can strengthen the blow if you rotate the karambit around its axis before the impact and cause damage using the force of inertia.
Paper and wooden models of the CS GO dagger are used in games. Well, you can find out how to make a karambit knife from wood on the forums.
Pros and cons of karambit
The original shape adds both positive and negative properties to the knife. The advantages of karambit include:
- Unique unbreakable grip, which is provided by a ring in the handle.
- A variety of fighting techniques and a sharp change in the nature of the blows when changing the grip from reverse to straight. In the first case, the index finger is inserted into the ring, and in the second, the little finger. The main way to hold a knife is a reverse grip.
- Improved control of the blade position due to convenient fixation in the hand.
- Great speed and force of piercing blows.
Disadvantages of karambit:
- A curved blade increases the size of the knife, making it difficult to wear on a belt.
- The large bending radius makes it impossible to quickly remove the blade from the sheath.
- Sharpening the blade requires skill with a sharpening tool or special equipment.
- Impossibility of delivering a direct piercing blow.
- Efficiency is sharply reduced in battle with an enemy, even in simple thick clothing that covers the entire body.
Alkyd enamel PF-115 fits well on bakelite varnish. A charcoal black or ball (gray) color will look great on a knife. Over drying oil, plywood can only be painted with oil paint for exterior use.
To give a matte texture, after the paint has dried, the blade is treated with sandpaper – zero.
Sanding gave the painted surface a matte texture.
Information about bladed weapons
Karambit is a specific knife that was created by one of the peoples of Indonesia. Among the distinctive features of the weapon:
- The blade has a crescent shape;
- The edge is sharpened on one side only;
- The presence of one or more rings for a more comfortable grip with your fingers.
The honor of discovering this instrument belongs to the population of one of the islands in Southeast Asia. According to legend, local residents, who deeply revered their king, believed that his soul had a tiger incarnation. And then they created a knife similar in outline to the claw of a bloodthirsty predator. Years passed and the Indians conquered the island. They perfected the technology and spread it to many other countries.
The variation of weapons that is in use in the modern world has little in common with the crafts of medieval artisans. There is a wide range of products on the market – from expensive, almost souvenir items, to extremely cheap products made from improvised raw materials. The device can also vary – even folding modifications.
Karambits can be different. There are several modifications of classic Malay knives. How to draw a karambit that will look organic? The curved shape and hole on the handle are its main difference. The basis of the image is a set of simple figures.
- The first step is to orient the silhouette on a sheet of paper – draw the contours of the future knife strictly in the center.
- Next, we improve the handle, carefully drawing out the details – a round hole for the finger, convexities and unevenness of the handle, the heads of the fixing bolts. Using a soft pencil, add volume to the drawing using shadows.
- The next stage is the blade. To give the blade a sharp effect, use a hard pencil for drawing.
The initial sketch of the image is ready.
Shape and size
Drawings of plywood karambit, in general, can be obtained by simply modifying the sketch of a steel blade.
Sketch of karambit. All dimensions are indicated in millimeters.
The blade can be crafted in two ways:
- Made from a 12 mm thick plywood blank and two 4 mm thick handle plates. This option will imitate military weapons more reliably, but will require long and tedious grinding of the blade to a cross-section close to a conical one;
- A simpler instruction involves making a knife from five 4mm thick plates. In this case, the karambit will follow the contour of a real weapon and lie quite comfortably in the hand, but up close the resemblance to a combat knife will be very sketchy.
The knife in the photo is assembled from thin plywood plates.
The reader may have a reasonable question: is it reasonable in Russia, where carrying knives is illegal, to popularize their creation? Undoubtedly, military weapons should not be made at home. But a wooden knife with a short blade is safe enough so that the most vigilant law enforcement officer will not have any objections.
Why do you need a wooden blade?
There are two main motives for its creation:
- Practicing techniques of knife fighting and self-defense without weapons is carried out using blades that most reliably imitate the shape of real ones, but are safer. A plywood karambit will not cause serious damage, even if dropped on it;
- In addition, for the last twenty-five years since the publication of J. R. R. Tolkien’s immortal trilogy in Russia, role-playing games based on fantasy and historical works have been very popular among our compatriots. Obviously, here, too, a reliable but safe imitation of a weapon will come in handy.
Drawing of karambit from cs go
- CS Go is the abbreviated name for the version of the famous game Counter-Strike. One of the types of weapons in this game is a karambit knife, and therefore many fans of this military toy are interested in where to get a drawing of a karambit knife from CS Go?
- The drawing can be found in ready-made sketches that are posted on forums and websites dedicated to this game, but you can also draw the drawing yourself. However, remember, if you have never made knives with your own hands before, do not be overzealous with the abundance of details, but when choosing a karambit knife from ready-made drawings, look for pictures in which all the details and marks will be clearly visible.
- You can also make drawings for a karambit knife in a graphic editor – modern programs will allow you to create a high-quality sketch of a karambit knife, even if you don’t know how to draw at all.
Drawing of a karambit knife from cs go – karambit.pdo
The second version of Karambit made from paper is already in a form more familiar to us, but the development, to be honest, is not very good. Firstly, it is not as close to the original as we would like. Secondly, the blade, ring and linings are not connected to the handle with valves; you need to glue them yourself, pervert them.
The third drawing of a paper Karambit was made and provided by the user Replica. Quite an interesting development and approach. One half is the familiar Pepakurov version (but it seems to me impossible to glue it together), the second is a cross-sectional model, which needs to be assembled from parts, like the first.
It can be done:
- On a belt or disk sander;
- On sandpaper;
Attention: sandpaper wears down soft wood very quickly. The workpiece is pressed against it with minimal pressure.
- By hand, on a block covered with sandpaper.
Do not strive for the sharpness of the blade: plywood ground to a razor sharpness will quickly break.
It is better not to sharpen the edges of the blade, but to slightly round it.