Boat folding patterns for beginners
A classic paper boat using the origami technique – the simplest option – is folded according to the following pattern:
- A rectangular sheet located vertically is folded in half.
- The resulting blank is placed with the fold point up, and both upper corners are bent to an imaginary center line vertically, so that a narrow unused strip remains at the bottom.
- The bottom strip of the top layer of the workpiece is bent upward, then the rectangle is turned over to the other side and the second strip is bent.
- Using corner bends, the folded strips are fixed in one position.
- Then the workpiece is opened from the inside and folded into a square by placing its parts on top of each other so that the initial fold becomes the diagonal of the resulting square. After folding, the corners straighten.
- Now the top sheet of the resulting square piece, lying in the diamond position, is bent diagonally to match the opposite corners.
- The workpiece is turned over to the other side, then the same action is performed. At this stage, the square turns into an isosceles triangle.
- Next, the triangular blank is opened from the inside by combining opposite corners and turns into a square again.
- The ship unfolds from a square blank – for this, the upper corners are pulled in opposite directions at the same time.
- The middle straightens out, and a simple paper boat can be launched into a pond.
There is another option for folding a boat for beginners, it is the simplest, and as a result of five minutes of work you get a yacht:
- On a square sheet of paper of any color, you need to fold it horizontally diagonally.
- Now a vertical valley fold is performed.
- An imaginary line is drawn in the lower triangle, as shown in the diagram, along which the fold occurs.
- The bent part of the triangle is bent, returning to its original position. Once the folding technique is mastered, steps 3 and 4 can be simplified into one by simply folding the desired portion of the triangle.
- Now, along the marked lines, you should make “valley” bends, carefully straightening the right angle, which is located below the marking.
- Using glue, the 2 parts of the yacht are connected to each other, then the bottom and hull are carefully straightened so that the product becomes stable.
If you complicate the previous diagram a little, you might end up with an ocean liner:
- On a square sheet of paper of any color, you need to make 2 folds diagonally, thus outlining 4 triangles.
- Then you need to bend the upper corner of the square blank, arranged in a diamond shape, towards the center.
- Now the same corner is bent again, only in the opposite direction.
- And once again the corner, only this time smaller in volume, needs to be folded back towards itself. When the technique of folding the boat is mastered, steps 2-4 are simplified into one step, folding occurs with a triple zipper.
- Next, the left side of the workpiece is folded in such a way as to cover the right side.
- Now you need to mark an imaginary line, as shown in the diagram, for folding the lower parts of the workpiece into a “mountain”. Then very carefully straighten and bend the corner located below the line. After this, the parts of the workpiece indicated in the diagram need to be bent along the intended line “mountainwise”.
- The bent corner is carefully smoothed out, and the workpiece is turned in the desired direction.
: master class: “ship” applique
Master class: Application “Boat”
I bring to your attention a master class on making applique
. These boats
The children gave it as a gift to their dads. Completing the work does not require much time. They are quite feasible for children of the middle group; the teacher only helps to cut out the sun and clouds.
To complete the application requires
: blue or light blue cardboard, colored paper, scissors (regular and curly, ruler, pencil, PVA glue, brush, napkins.
The first stage of work is cutting out the waves with curly scissors and gluing them onto cardboard.
The second stage is cutting and gluing the parts of the boat
floating on the waves. Children decide for themselves what color the sails will be, what shape the flags will be, and how many.
The final stage is making the sun and gluing the clouds.
The works turned out to be very colorful and were delivered to the young masters
Thanks for your attention!
: greeting card for Defender of the Fatherland Day “ship”. master class
Greeting card for Defender of the Fatherland Day “Ship”. Master class
The master class is designed for preschool children for teachers and parents.
as a gift for the holiday on February 23, decorating the interior of the room.
making a greeting card with your own hands for the holiday of fathers and grandfathers
– develop the ability to make cards with your own hands;
– develop aesthetic and artistic taste, creative abilities of children;
– improve application skills;
– to cultivate independence, accuracy, love for loved ones
– silver, golden, brown cardboard;
– white and colored paper (yellow, red, blue);
– scissors, simple and with zigzag blades;
– printed congratulatory poems and inscriptions “Happy February 23”;
– glue – pencil.
Sequence of making a postcard:
Draw templates on cardboard and cut them out.
Make blanks for the base of the card:
– fold a sheet of golden (silver) cardboard in half,
– cut a round hole with a diameter of 8 cm on the front side of the base,
– glue a sheet of yellow paper
to the right inner side of the postcard
Using the template, prepare all the details for the card, cut out inscriptions and congratulatory poems
Glue a poem, an inscription and a star on the inside
On the front side of the postcard, place an image of a boat sailing on the waves.
The greeting card for February 23 is ready!
Paper boat yacht
Here you can see how to fold a paper boat
using a practical example. Take a piece of paper in your favorite color. Fold and then unfold. Unfold, fold center to make 4 rectangles
or 3 folds. Then the same thing, but perpendicular. Fold in half -> unfold -> fold towards the center. You will receive 16 boxes. Fold in half, but this time to make a triangle. Unfold and do the same thing in a different way, perpendicular to what you just folded. Expand. Now unpainted side
fold the corners up into the center. Then fold into the center to make a rectangle.
Take the top corner flaps and fold them to the sides. Press the bottom part behind the flaps (the part touching the table) and shape into a trapezoid
. Do the same on the other side. Don’t turn around. Take one side of the trapezoid and bend it to the side. Do the same with the valve next to it. Turn the paper over. Take the top corner and fold diagonally
to reflect the bottom. Ready.
Option No. 1
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Template or plate;
- Glue pencil or tape.
On a piece of paper, draw the figure shown below. You can print the finished template, cut it out and transfer it to paper. You can attach a sheet of paper to a computer monitor with an open template, and without pressing with a pencil, leave marks on the paper. You can also take a plate, move it up from the corner of the paper, place it on the side and trace a semicircle onto the paper. Cut out the finished shape with scissors.
Roll the workpiece into a cone, so that the top is as pointed as possible. Well, we glue the side part from the inside with glue. We glue the product into a single whole. Now you know how to glue a cone. By the way, instead of glue on the inside, you can glue a strip of double-sided tape or glue it with pieces of ordinary stationery tape, both outside and inside.
Option No. 3
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Template, round plate or compass;
- Glue or tape.
So, you need to draw a circle on a piece of paper. This can be done using a round plate, a compass, placing a sheet of paper on a computer monitor with a pre-opened template, or simply printing out the finished template. Next, you need to use a ruler to outline the inside of the future cone, as in the template below. We cut out the blank, roll it into a cone and glue its side.
Option No. 4
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Take a sheet of paper, say A4 size. We bend the corner of the paper to the side wall, cut off the excess part from the bottom. Uncover the resulting square and cut it in half. The result is two triangles. Take the tip of one of the triangles, bend it inward and roll up the cone.
A paper cone can serve as a bag for sweets, seeds, and nuts. And if you fold the baking paper, you can get a pastry bag for creating creamy curls on sweet baked goods. And cones can also serve as the basis for creating decorative trees, for example Christmas trees
Double-pipe paper steamer
Having mastered the simplest model of a paper boat, you can set your sights on assembling a more complex craft. Try folding a three-dimensional steamboat with two pipes to your child’s delight. It’s just as easy to make as the previous model, but in this case you’ll have to stock up on scissors.
Stage 1. You need to cut a square from a sheet of A4 paper. To do this, fold one of the corners diagonally and cut off the excess strip.
Stage 2. Fold the resulting square along the second diagonal, they should intersect exactly in the center of the figure.
Stage 3. Gently bend each corner of the square towards the center.
Stage 4. Turn the resulting square over to the other side. Repeat the manipulation with bending the corners.
5 Stage. Turn the square over again and fold all its corners towards the center for the third time.
Stage 6. Turn the workpiece over. You see 4 pockets on the corners of the square. Reveal two of them, necessarily opposite ones. So the two pipes stated in the description appeared.
7 Stage. Grab the inner corners of the unopened pockets and move them apart – the long-awaited steamer has opened.
This, of course, is not the Titanic: it had as many as 4 funnels, although one of them was purely decorative. But our two-pipe boat is also capable of withstanding serious sailing. Hurry up, fill the bathtub with water and send him on a journey.
If you put together the craft with your children, allow them to decorate it to their liking before launching the boat. The child will be happy to turn a paper ship into a masterpiece of modern shipbuilding.
How to make a waterproof paper boat
How to make a ship out of paper so that it does not get wet and does not sink in the water:
- 1st method – tape.
It is necessary to cover the body and bottom of the paper boat with tape, both outside and inside. If during processing with tape it becomes necessary to form seams, they must be made minimally vulnerable. To do this, strips of tape should be placed a few millimeters on top of each other so that water cannot penetrate into the joints between them for as long as possible.
- 2nd method – several layers.
A multi-layer boat will take much longer to get wet than a regular two-layer boat. To make it, you need to take not 1, but 2 sheets of paper, and then fold it according to the diagram. Such a boat will turn out to be denser; more layers will make it heavier, so the bottom should be made very wide.
- 3rd method – wax (paraffin).
It is this product that can protect the paper well from getting wet. It is necessary to light the candle and wait a little while the wick flares up and melts the wax to a liquid state. After this, wax should be dripped onto the boat, immediately spreading it over the hull using your fingers. All areas of a homemade vessel need to be lubricated: both external and internal. Do not use too much wax – it can weigh down the product and make it unstable.
- 4th method – Vaseline oil.
Using a brush, this product should be applied to the bottom and lower part of the boat’s hull, then allow the product to dry a little.
- 5th method – glossy sheets.
A boat made from glossy magazine sheets will last a little longer on the water without harm than one made from plain paper.
- 6th method – PVA glue.
It must be poured into a jar or glass, and then applied to the bottom and body of the paper vessel using a brush, and then allowed to dry completely in a warm place.
How to make a paper boat with your own hands
There are probably no parents who are not familiar with the technology of making boats. But perhaps it has faded a little from your memory. Now that you have a preschool or primary school-aged child, it’s time to brush up on this activity. Make this wonderful spring craft with your child.
A paper boat is a great craft. This activity will help develop fine motor skills and is an excellent exercise in spatial thinking.
Among other things, you will receive an entertaining toy. And the baby will be able to play, inviting friends and relatives with him. There are a lot of game options, for example you can arrange a race or an expedition.
They can be made from colored paper, and can also be painted or painted. You can select a whole crew for the ship using small soldiers. If the weather outside is not very good, you can play by letting them swim in the bathtub. And at the dacha you can use a basin for this. In a word, this is an extremely exciting activity.
Recommendations for making a paper boat:
- By using single-sided colored paper, you will get a unique toy, since the boat will be partially painted in a certain color.
- A sailboat can be made using a regular toothpick, and a sail can be made from fabric, colored cardboard, foil, leaves, colored napkins and much more.
- This toy can be made using office paper. And so that the boat does not get too wet while floating, it can be made from a coated magazine sheet.
- Dipping a toy into melted wax or paraffin will make it waterproof.
- Using a white sheet, you can show your imagination – decorate and paint it in any color.
How to make a boat from a drinks box
First, let’s decide on the choice of box for the future side of the ship. Milk or juice boxes are best suited – they do not get wet due to their multi-layer nature. In addition, we will need:
- PVA glue or tape;
- Plain cardboard;
- A small piece of cloth;
- A straight branch or any other straight object (you can use a pencil).
The materials used can be changed at will, it all depends on how you want to make your ship. The creation process involves a few simple steps:
- The first thing we do is cut out the base of the boat from the box. First, use scissors to cut a rectangle from one side of the box;
- Two right triangles and one isosceles triangle are cut out of cardboard for gluing the bow of the boat. The triangles are glued together like a pyramid without one edge using tape or glue so that the right triangles are on the sides of the ship. The resulting nose is glued to the box;
- Now you need to install the mast and sail of the ship. To do this, glue a stick to the bottom of the boat where you cut out the rectangle. If desired, the mast can be strengthened with a piece of plasticine or thick cardboard;
- For the sail, take a rectangular piece of fabric. Make two holes in it in the middle at the top and bottom. Place the fabric on the mast and spread it like a sail. At the junction of the fabric with the mast, glue can be applied for reliable fixation.
Thus, the ship is ready from scrap materials, it takes very little time to complete, the materials can easily be found at home, and even a child can handle the equipment.
How to make a boat from scrap materials | 50 photos of ideas for making boats
What boy doesn’t like to launch boats? Website “Mom can do anything!” I have collected for you 50 ideas with photos on how to make a boat with your own hands from scrap materials.
We all made paper boats as children. These are easy to make, and the material is always at hand. And if you take not just paper, but for example packaging from sheets for a printer, then the ship will last on the water for several hours!
In the modern world, plastic is used everywhere and finding a similar bottle for making a boat is not difficult.
A shampoo bottle is also useful for making a sailboat. Pierce it with a wooden skewer, attach a paper sail and your ship will be unsinkable.
Vegetables can also be considered improvised materials and it is just as easy to make a craft from them.
Cut out the middle of the zucchini, scoop out the flesh, insert a stick and use a piece of paper to make a sail. Add details: cut small windows, make a sailor from carrots and potatoes.
A boat can be not just a craft, but also an option for serving a dish. Surely the children will want to eat this one 🙂
You’ve probably accumulated a lot of Popsicle sticks over the summer. It’s time to make crafts out of them. Wooden sticks will be an excellent building material. Paint them in different colors and start making them.
If you don’t have Popsicle sticks, just go to your nearest park and collect small twigs. Fasten them together with a rope, add a sail and the boat is ready.
It’s autumn and that means it’s time to make boats with sails from leaves. They can be easily attached using a heat gun or a piece of plasticine. Here are some ideas:
Very beautiful and comfortable boats are made from tetra pack packaging. You can easily put your children’s favorite toys in them.
And this is a detailed diagram for making a pirate ship from kefir or milk packaging. It is in English, but generally understandable.
A large cardboard box can easily be turned into a ship for your child to captain.
Using a smaller box, make a sailboat for his toys.
You can turn any unnecessary object that can float on the water into a boat. For example, coconut shells. Place a couple of sheets of paper on a wooden skewer and secure it inside the shell.
You can also make small boats from Kinder Surprise eggs and walnut shells.
Add a spectacular sail to the paper ship for great beauty.
Wine corks are an excellent material for making small rafts. They do not sink and swim well, and are also very small and can even fit in a jar.
Egg trays turn into spacious ships. In their recesses you can easily place both Kinder Surprise toys and cute little animals.
A ship can be made from almost anything, even ice. Pour water into an ice container, insert the sticks and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Make two holes in a sheet of paper with a hole punch, take out the boats and put the sheet on a stick, the sailboat is ready.
A few more ideas for making a ship from scrap materials:
For the boat “from childhood” you will need an A4 landscape sheet. You can also take a notebook, it has the same proportions. If the model is intended for children’s play and “swimming”, it is best to use office paper, and make decorative interior elements from craft or “kami” with a print.
Step by step instructions:
- Place the sheet vertically, wrong side up.
- Fold the bottom edge to the top.
- Bend the right corner towards the left and make a small mark.
- Open the blank.
- Focusing on the fold from step 3, lift the right and left corners up. They should “meet” in the middle.
- Iron the fold lines well.
- Turn the workpiece 180°.
- Fold the bottom edge of the near layer along the line of the base of the triangle.
- Turn the workpiece over to the reverse side.
- Repeat step 8.
- Open the fold we just made and bend the right corner.
- Repeat the same action on the left.
- Return the lower part to its previous position.
- Opening the boat from the inside.
- And flatten it in the transverse direction.
- We “tuck” the protruding corner on the left under the right valve. We do the same on the reverse side.
- Fold the middle layer in half from bottom to top.
- Repeat step 17 on the back.
- Turn the model sideways towards you. Let’s open it from the inside.
- And flatten as in step 15.
- Take the right and left valves and pull in opposite directions.
- When the figure takes the shape of a boat, carefully iron all the folds to fix them.
- Bend the central parts of the sides a little so that the triangle inside is visible. It depicts a sail.
- If you turn the boat over and open the central part, it will stand stably on a flat surface.
Origami ships assembled according to these step-by-step instructions are an excellent decor for a budget wedding in a nautical or beach style (see photo). The model can be decorated with a toothpick mast and a flag on which a wish will be written to the newlyweds or the name of the guest at the table.
Paper boat step by step: origami boat from childhood
Detailed instructions with photos, a simple paper boat for children and more.
I learned to make this origami boat as a child. In early spring, with the appearance of streams, we mercilessly tore off the leaves from our notebooks to make a paper boat and compete on its speed or range. I can make it at any time, even with my eyes closed. Until now, when I am forced to wait for something, if a rectangular leaf falls into my hands, it immediately turns into a boat, to the delight of my children or those around me. I hope I have convinced you of the importance of the ability to make origami
Then let’s get to work.
Prepare a rectangular piece of paper. The size can be absolutely any.
Fold it in half.
The next step is optional, it only serves to determine the middle. But at the initial stage you can turn it on. Fold the paper again, for example, from right to left.
Open the paper, fold the right and left corners down, aligning the sides with the fold in the middle.
There will be double paper at the bottom, take the top one and also point it up, making a fold along the bottom side of the corners.
Do the same steps with the bottom of the paper on the reverse side.
If there is excess on the sides, fold the corners into the middle on one side.
On the other.
Open the sides at the bottom of the resulting triangle.
Carefully connect the right and left corners together.
There will again be two pieces of folded paper at the bottom, fold one side up.
Then the second one, connecting the lower corner with the upper one.
And again we have a triangle. You also need to do the same actions with it as last time. Open its doors slightly at the bottom.
Open further and connect opposite corners.
Two triangles are formed on the sides. Pull them to the sides.
Stretch it completely, straightening it with your fingers and bending the sides. That’s it, the origami paper boat is ready. Despite the long description, it can be done in a matter of seconds. The main thing is a little practice and remembering the sequence of actions.
The flag is made from a toothpick and a rectangular piece of paper glued to it, with slits on one side.
A4 paper boat
How to make a ship from A4 paper:
- On a sheet of paper of any color (the shape of the sheet should be square or rectangular), you must make 2 folds: first horizontally and then vertically.
- Having returned the sheet to its original state, you should place it horizontally in front of you, and then bend the opposite parts – upper and lower – towards the center.
- Next, you need to bend all 4 corners of the workpiece into a “valley” to form a hexagon.
- The new corners formed need to be bent again into a “valley”, according to the diagram – you will get a rhombus elongated horizontally.
- Once again you need to bend the corners into a “valley”, of which there are only 2 at this stage.
- Then you need to fold the craft into a “mountain” along the center line formed in the process of performing the previous steps. After this, being careful, you should turn the workpiece out using a movement aimed at opening the central cleft.
- At the end, you need to straighten the boat, carefully tucking in all the folds that are located inside.
Colored paper boat
This most popular summer-themed craft can be created not only using the origami technique. This master class features such a bright sailboat!
- colored semi-cardboard in red, yellow and blue tones;
Create the frame of a sailboat. To do this, take blue half-cardboard and cut out two identical strips with dimensions of 18 x 2.5 cm.
Using a ruler and pencil, divide each strip into three equal parts. We bend in those places.
Glue the two parts of the boat base together along the sides.
Next we will create a small part of the ship’s deck. We use blue half-cardboard again.
Cut out a small rectangle. We measure 1.5 cm from the sides for gluing.
Bend along vertical lines and glue the part into the middle of the ship between the bases.
Now we will prepare a wooden skewer and two pieces of yellow sheet of different lengths to create sails.
Create small holes in each rectangle. We insert a skewer through them.
Glue the flag to the highest point of the sailboat.
Using a black marker, draw the portholes and other important details on the paper boat.
A wonderful paper boat is ready for sea voyages! On the deck you can place small toys of pirates, sailors and the ship’s captain.
Making an applique – a paper boat
Another craft option.
See a detailed master class on paper boat applique here.
Boat – a simple diagram for preschoolers
Origami masters offer several ways to make a boat out of paper. A simple option that a preschooler can handle in 10 minutes is given below. For work, prepare a paper square and stationery scissors.
How to make a paper boat step by step:
- Bend the square along the horizontal and vertical axes to obtain work marks. Open it up.
- Bring the edges to the horizontal axis on the side opposite to the main fold so that it looks like an accordion of 4 parallel lines.
- Fold the edges over. Move all corners equally to the central horizontal axis. Then bend the corners again, focusing on the vertical axis.
- After folding the workpiece, open it. The result is something like a boat, but without clear lines yet.
- To make the boat smoother and more beautiful, bring the bow and stern to the main axis. You will get a hexagon, press all its folds with your finger.
- Bend the opposite corners of the hexagon equally, retreating about 5 mm.
- Open the workpiece. Bend the sides on both sides towards the main axis.
- Run your finger carefully along the inside corners on each side until they become clear, so that the bottom of the boat appears.
- Open the finished craft. Straighten the sides if they are wrinkled.
The second version of a paper boat is a little more complicated, but it’s fun to make. The craft is suitable for preschoolers of the middle and older age groups. The work requires stationery scissors and a paper square.
How to make a motor boat step by step:
- To create a work mark, bend the square along the horizontal axis. Straighten it.
- Bring each half to the main axis. Straighten it.
- Gently press out the crease. Lifting the sheet, place it on the 3rd fold in turn. Fold it over carefully.
- Place the workpiece vertically. Point both corners that are on top towards the longitudinal axis.
- Bend the same corners again. Gently run your finger along the folds.
- After changing the position of the workpiece, wrap the lower part towards the main horizontal axis.
- Change the position again, bend the right corner from below towards the middle axis.
- Fold the top working area down.
- Turning the paper product over, fold it twice across the work area to create an accordion-like shape. Finish exactly at the center fold of the square.
- Place the future motorboat so that the folds are in the lower right part.
- Bend both corners located on top to the existing vertical fold. Fold the same corners again on the right and left.
- After changing the position of the workpiece, bend the lower corner towards the middle axis. Direct the upper part down to the same line.
- Open one of the sides of the future motorboat. Fold the corner to match the existing back corner, then close. Do similar manipulations with the other part of the product. Close it too.
- Carefully open the motorboat.
How to make a boat out of paper step by step, see the following video.
Origami yacht made of paper
A simple and easy way to make an origami yacht and boat from a sheet of paper
Fold the paper in half. It’s hard, but don’t worry 🙂
Expand. Then fold the paper in half on the other side. You should see a “ ” sign and paper divided into 4 parts.
After this, fold the top and bottom of the fold into the center. It should look like a door. Now turn the paper and make another door from the remaining sides. The sheet should be divided into 16 parts. Like a little chessboard!
- Unfold the entire paper and fold it diagonally
- Then unfold and do for the other two corners
- Now take each corner and roll it to the center
- Rotate the paper 90 degrees so you have short edges at the top and bottom
- From the top half, grab the inner corners and fold diagonally.
- Press the top middle part in the center.
- Rotate 180 degrees and do it on the other side
- Rotate the paper 90 degrees, take the top left and bottom left edges and fold along the diagonal crease
- Turn over, turn bottom right, and then along diagonal fold
- One more step, flip it up and you’re done.
Enjoy your origami yacht, just don’t put it in the water….
To make a ship decorated with two sails, you will need a square sheet of single-sided colored paper. Thanks to just such a sheet, the result is a ship with sides painted the same color and snow-white sails.
The process of making a sailboat:
- First, you need to make bends on the square workpiece vertically and then horizontally. You should end up with a large square, divided by folds into 4 small squares. Now the same action should be done diagonally.
- Next, you need to place the workpiece in front of you in a diamond shape, the white side up, and bend the “valley” of 2 opposite corners (upper and lower) into triangles towards the center. The result is a design in the form of 2 triangles, on either side of which there are 2 rhombuses.
- Then a bend is formed horizontally in the resulting workpiece.
- When returning the structure to its original state, it is necessary to simultaneously fold the left rhombus so that its horizontal diagonal moves to a vertical position and then bends inward. Thus, the left diamond should be reshaped into a triangle, fixed by a fold between the upper and lower rectangle.
- Now we have a parallelogram with a triangle on the left. Its right corner must be folded with the diagonal of the former rhombus inward. You should get a blank sketched in point 6 of the diagram, which represents 2 triangles – upper and lower, with the upper one consisting of 2 small ones.
- The small triangle on the left is a large sail, and the right one needs to be reshaped into a small sail. To do this, it should be bent with a zipper, as shown in paragraphs 6-7 of the diagram.
- The zipper fold needs to be hidden between the sides of the future sailboat. And below, along an imaginary line, it is necessary to make “mountainous” bends into the structure to form the bottom of the vessel. At the end, the bottom must be carefully straightened so that the sailboat floats better.
Working with this material is more difficult; you should consider a few tricks from experienced craftsmen:
- it is better to cut it with a stationery knife;
- it will be easier to bend the cardboard along the marked lines if you first run the blunt side of the scissor blades along them;
- parts can be glued with any glue – from stationery, PVA to glue gun composition;
- the cardboard must be absolutely dry; if it gets wet, it will become deformed;
- you need to start with simple models, gradually complicating the task.
To begin with, you and your child can make a pirate ship with your own hands.
Before starting work, you need to prepare materials and tools:
- cardboard, sail cloth, twig or long wooden stick;
- twine, a small piece of foam or plasticine, a glue gun;
- ruler, pencil and utility knife.
From cardboard we cut out the main parts of the pirate schooner – sides, sides, bottom, deck.
Glue the base together and proceed to “installing” the deck and mast.
We attach crossbars to the mast to install the sail. Additionally, we secure it with twine.
It is better to make a sail from burlap – it holds its shape well. We also attach it to the crossbars using twine.
All that remains is to install the gangplank and draw the portholes with a felt-tip pen.
If you plan to launch a pirate ship, then it is better to replace ordinary cardboard with a more moisture-resistant material. The base of the schooner can be made from a milk carton.
You just want to send a boat made with your own hands to sail. However, water quickly destroys the paper toy, and with it the pleasure of the work done. To prevent this from happening, apply a protective coating. It will also allow you to turn miniature origami ships into stylish jewelry, which is among the top fashion trends today.
Can be used:
- Transparent nail polish. It is ideal for paper decorations using the origami technique – boats are often used as pendants.
- Natural wax. This option is preferable for models that will float. Wax paper does not absorb water, and besides, it practically does not burn; it is not without reason that it is used in baking. The wax needs to be melted and then applied to open surfaces with a wide brush.
- Acrylic aerosol varnish. Effectively protects paper from contact with water. For reliability, you need to spray it in 2 – 3 layers.
- Waterproof materials. Some types of paper – for example, cartographic or coated label paper – are not afraid of moisture, do not deform and dry quickly. At the same time, they hold complex folds well and do not subsequently open up. Covers of glossy magazines, which are usually covered with moisture-resistant plastic film or special varnish, are also suitable.
- Plasti Dip. Liquid rubber for covering cars is also suitable as a protection for paper and plastic. Plasti Dip compounds cannot be used to process small parts, but if the boat is made from A4 sheet or larger, this is just what you need.